Being a “prominent blogger”, I have recently received two copies of Delivering Happiness, a business book written by Tony Hsieh, Zappos.com CEO, which was recently acquired by Amazon for $1B. I was asked by the author’s team to write a honest review of the book, and I am going to. But meanwhile, since I don’t really need two copies, I thought that it would be a good opportunity to set up my first ever giveaway contest 🙂
Since I get to set up the rules, here is what I came up with:
- Tell which my recent post you liked. Preferably link to it. Unrestrained praise is tolerated.
- Tell which is your favorite Moomins character and why you like it. This part can be written in Finnish.
- Since this is an exercise in social media, your response should be public, either as a comment, tweet, blog post, etc. Public toilets don’t count.
- The last submission date is on 24th of April in midnight.
- The lucky winner will be decided by fair dice roll.
That’s it, folks, the lines are now open. It’s your chance to take a historical part in breaking the record of 3 comments per post.
After a tense contest week, full of surprises and twists, the results can be finally announced:
- This post generated a record number views (which means more than 100)
- Readers left 3 comments, 2 of each could be considered for the contest.
- Participant’s chances of winning were unbelievable 50%. This surely beats any lottery.
- And finally, the winner is….Gal (decided by toss of coin)
Thanks everyone for participating. Special greeting go to Boris for his surprising command of the Finnish language.
Gal, congratulations on winning. Please contact the administration (that’s me) to arrange prize delivery.
Thank you guys, and…. keep reading 🙂